Monday, January 26, 2009


In my profile I had mentioned that it took a trip to the local art festival AND an image to spark my foray into expressing myself with paint. I have tried to find the online image of that painting. I have found others by that artist but not that painting. Duh- it finally occurred to me I have the poster hanging on the wall - so down it came and I took a photo of it - please excuse the reflection! The artist is a Florida artist named Trish Thompson. The painting is named "Riverside Park Palms" I believe it is referring to a small park on the north shore of Lake Monroe.

Well, off to try a slightly different technique -I am going to try to paint on a big canvas- I have tried to paint on other canvases, but it is such a different feel - it is springy- as well as the cost issue - my problem of overcoming my feeling that I am "wasting"- HAH! I say to the universe! I am wasting and I don't care- maw-ha-ha. Ok, I do care a little bit.

No comments: